Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Self Motivation

I have to start motivating myself, apparently, as I ran out of funding for personal training sessions. I kind of feel bad for Average Joe, because me cancelling means he has to find a new client.  Unfortunately for him, personal training goes down with a bad economy--much in the same way as I had to cancel after only 13 sessions.  Also, it's tough to live up here in this area on what he makes--we had the conversation a lot about how he really does work seven days a week, every week, luckily doing something he loves.

 And, he doesn't get to use me for his wall of fame.   Which is fine by me, but apparently I was a poster girl--with no poster.  I have no idea what I actually accomplished with him--just that I sleep better, and I am a lot less stressed, which is good.  Oh, and I do so hope I get a job soon, because these jeans sure are getting baggy and I am not sure I can spring for another pair.

So, now I have to have absolute self determination to complete what we started together.  Which, generally I do not have trouble driving myself when it comes to work, school, taking care of the kids.  It's the little things I should do for myself that get pushed to the side.

Like working out.  Which is why I signed up for the training--it MADE me have an appointment, a place to be and a mission to accomplish while there.  Now, I signed the kids up for spring track, and told them to run--we will not be doing long jumps or shot-put, just not going to happen.  Use the training in track to get ready for a summer 5 or 10 k.  And the kids are with me it it, or so they say.

I just have to force it through myself--after this time off with the kids, force myself and them to cheer me on.  They are off for two days this week, then a weekend--one week back at school, then a week off for spring break.  Training is going to be difficult at best during this two weeks.

And soon, according to Average Joe, I should finally let myself back on the treadmill.  Or maybe hit a park with the kids and do real road or track running.  Maybe, just maybe, if I do it right, I will not end up with shin splints or stress fractures.

Thank god myfitnesspal allows for "house cleaning" as burning calories.

1 comment:

  1. OMG seriously I am able to eat my extra chocolate pieces because of that house cleaning option! Makes me want to clean more hahahaha just kidding ;)

    We will just have to try to motivate each other. I still suck at eating healthy. And I hope you get a job soon too! WTF!!

    ReplyDelete