Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Absolute Demotivation!

I miss you, Summer!!!
Photo (c)2011 Elisabeth Finstad


Today my co-author Maggie called me to see if I, too, was experiencing a complete lack of desire to do ANYTHING.  We have concluded that the extreme weather conditions that we keep getting (we are at almost the same latitude on opposite ends of the country but she's closer to the ocean) are sucking us dry.

My own experience here in VT was 10 days of absolute utopian weather conditions.  It was in the 80s for 5 days straight and all the other days were in the upper 70's and sunny.  Then one day BANG it turned cloudy, windy, and went down to 19 degrees.  My body said, "Oh Poppycock!  This won't do!" and then  whatever endorphins or synapses or neurotransmitters that were making me feel good just shut off.

For the past 3 days I have been spending as much time as possible wrapped in my blankets with a heating pad and watching TV.  Its like my meds just stopped working!  My 2 year old kept saying "I go outside???" and I had to explain what sleet was to her.  She was fine with me reading book after book to her and watching TV with me.  She's almost starting to like Dr Phil.  Just kidding, she hates it.

 I decided that the only kind of exercise I was going to be able to log today in to MyFitnessPal was probably "Cleaning, light to moderate".  So I decided to do lots of it.  I tackled the kids rooms first.  That took me 2.5 hrs.  Then at 12:45 I realized I was effing hungry so I went downstairs and made lunch for Autumn.  After I cleaned the kitchen (another .5 hrs).  I was shaking by 1:15, but didn't eat my own lunch until I could put my kid to nap first so that I could eat something disgusting.  Let's just say it resembles cookie dough without the eggs.  She would totally want in on that and I just wasn't willing to share.  With my tummy full of deliciously nasty "stuff" I went upstairs, turned on my netbook, and settled back into my bed with the heating pad on.

This is so typical of my body.  I finally have weighed the lowest ever since before I got pregnant with my littlest tornado, and I fall into a slump which will probably make me gain 5 lb.  I only have 2ish lb to go until I hit my goal weight of 125 lb.  Oh, the injustice!

1 comment:

  1. I was all willing to go get a "scale" for my bathroom for the first time in about a dozen years this past weekend. So glad I didn't. Raindrops keep falling on my head. Really, really cold raindrops.

    ReplyDelete