Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's all because of the stress

One week ago today, I signed up for a gym.  I did this for a few reasons:

1) It's closer to my house than the Y, which is 20 minutes away (sucks).

2) I need to sleep better--seriously.

3) I am under mounds of stress, out of work for over 6 months (this time--about 1.5 years ago it was about 1.5 years long.).  My regular unemployment ended, and my couponing is just not going so well - I am stuck at about 50-60% savings.  Add to that 3 kids, a husband stationed 3,000 miles away, and finishing up a masters degree, and yeah you could say stress meter is out of control.

4) I am 34 years old.  Everyone tells you but you don't believe it: "If you don't keep up on stuff, your ass will get squshy at 30."  Yeah,over 30 and have a massive ass to lend to squishyness.  No, not really fat, just have full on apple-bottom ba-dank-a-dank.

So I walked in to sign up for the gym.  And while I was there, sale guy with glasses says: "We have a special on personal training, 3 sessions for only 99 bucks."

Well, I still had some of my tax-return.   So, yeah, I can use that swift kick in the ass a personal trainer provides.  Sign me up, oh mighty one.

They set my appointment for me, for the next morning, much to my dismay.  Although, I suppose it's why I signed up, you know swift kick in the squishy ass to get me motivated.

830 am the next morning, I show up and meet my new trainer, let's call him average joe trainer.

"Hi," he says, "I''m average joe trainer and they tell me I can work the shit out of you."

"You can try,"  I reply.

This is going to be fun.  I can just tell.

1 comment: